The Lonely Sea: Collected Short Stories
Her Benny
Silas K. Hocking
Vedere din Parfumerie
Silvia Kerim
Mysticism and Logic (Western Philosophy)
Bertrand Russell
The Analects of Confucious
Pragmatism: A New Name for Some Old Ways of Thinking
William James
Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Unsettling, Witty Answers to Questions You Never Thought You Wanted to Ask
New Scientists Books Staff, New Scientist
Mutual Aid
Pyotr Kropotkin
City of Djinns: A Year in Delhi
Olivia Fraser, William Dalrymple
The Brothers Karamazov
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

On Death and Dying

On Death and Dying - Elisabeth Kübler-Ross Assigned at university, noncompelling, grim, not sure I finished it, short as it was. It felt very much as if even my death would be administered and staged by a tedious bureaucrat. In bringing up this book, I see that the author was also an early pioneer in the hospice movement. You only have to go over the border to Northern Ireland to see charity cups in restaurants, where 20% of donations go to a children's hospice or two. There's something extremely sickening and Anglo-Saxon efficient about a centrally managed institution where parents pay to explicitly send their children to die, while also watching packs of other strangers die. God, that splits my infinitives. Yeah, I'll be skipping the "Acceptance" stage, if the Kubler-Rosses (but I really shouldn't drop the umlaut here) of the world are defining what "Acceptance" means. Luckily, stages in death, as in life, appear to be transparent bunkum, if George Bonanno is to be believed. Further readings will tell.