The Lonely Sea: Collected Short Stories
Her Benny
Silas K. Hocking
Vedere din Parfumerie
Silvia Kerim
Mysticism and Logic (Western Philosophy)
Bertrand Russell
The Analects of Confucious
Pragmatism: A New Name for Some Old Ways of Thinking
William James
Does Anything Eat Wasps?: And 101 Other Unsettling, Witty Answers to Questions You Never Thought You Wanted to Ask
New Scientists Books Staff, New Scientist
Mutual Aid
Pyotr Kropotkin
City of Djinns: A Year in Delhi
Olivia Fraser, William Dalrymple
The Brothers Karamazov
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Winnie-the-Pooh - A.A. Milne, Ernest H. Shepard First time reading this. I read the Tao of Pooh first for some bizarre reason. This and [a:Hans Christian Andersen|6378|Hans Christian Andersen|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1396920989p2/6378.jpg] seem to be children's stories an adult can enjoy.

Really surprised at some of the comic twists in the writing. Not sure an animated version could ever do justice to the telling. The original illustrations make the landscape look like spare Asian brush strokes blurred by rain. Maybe that's the English gorse Thomas Hardy was always murmuring about.

It was very nice to have all story and no lesson, but it couldn't last. Must the bear of little brain become the hero, and must we use the well-meaning grouser Eeyore to teach us the importance of keeping our heads in at times of recognition? Eeyore is usually the modest sort of retiring grumbler that Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide never could be. Also, are the chapters too short? Still, most of the time Winnie-the-Pooh and even Christopher Robin and friends are always up for adventure, with very little foresight, follow through, or hindsight, and therein lies the pleasure of it.